The surgery has been successful in a bid for financial support to improve the quality of care for patients and their families with dementia both in the surgery and within the wider community. We are also proud to have secured Dementia Friendly status. Benefits include improved experience for patients and their carers and staff being better equipped to deliver high quality dementia care.
Our aim is to
- Recognise dementia earlier
- Support a prompt diagnosis so patients and families have more time to plan their future.
- Support patients and their carers from diagnosis to end of life
- Contact patients within one month of discharge from Older Peoples Mental Health Services
- Contact patients within 1 week of discharge following a hospital admission
- Help build and a support a dementia friendly community.
Kim Badcock our former nurse practitioner will be working in the practice for one day per week to help develop and deliver this service.
The Queen’s Nursing Institute Awards Ceremony was held in London on 25 June 2018, attended by over 300 community nurses and their guests.
We are proud to announce that
was one of the winners of the
Queen Mother’s Award for Outstanding Service.
Photographer credit: Kate Stanworth